Wednesday, September 26, 2007

4th entry

I thought the topic about marketing strategies was quite interesting. I thought that knowing such marketing strategies will be useful in the future when I go buy not just computer hardware/software but other products too.

So is it safe to think that higher priced goods are better than lower priced ones? I think that this is not always the case. It was said in class that some companies price their products high to make people believe that their product is superior to others and of a higher quality. But in truth their products only costs less than half of what they charge to produce. Given that it is hard to know whether a highly priced product is indeed better.

I think that research and experience about the product is a good way to truly figure out if a certain product is worth it.

No comments: