Sunday, September 16, 2007

1st entry

I think that the practice of not quickly adopting new technologies should not only be practiced by business/corporations but also by individual users as well. By doing this, a person can save money and avoid the headache if the new technology fails to meet the functionality that it is supposed to do. I say this because over time I noticed that most new technology is filled with bugs when it first comes out.

In class I gave the example that when Microsoft XP first came out it was filled with bugs and was eventually fixed to make it run smoothly. This same issue happened again when they released Windows Vista. This makes me believe that the practice of not adopting new technologies right away is a good practice because consumers that automatically bought and installed Vista are now having problems with it and probably having to do a lot to keep their systems running the way they want it. I also think that this practice doesn't just apply to software but to hardware too. I bought an mp3 player once that had a very difficult user interface.

All this combined makes me believe that the conservative approach when it comes to new technologies is a good rule of thumb.

No comments: