Sunday, September 23, 2007

3rd entry

As we have discussed as technology gets better the price tag that comes along with it gets cheaper and cheaper. Also, the rate at which technology improves gets faster and faster. This phenomenon could be considered positive or negative. It is positive as this improvement advances our society more and more. However, for consumers, it is a headache to keep up with what is new, still OK or obsolete.

Whenever I buy something that is considered "techy" the question of whether or not to buy a certain product, a computer for example, at this time and at this price comes to mind. There is always this feeling that if I buy the computer now, in a few months what I have bought would be replaced by something better and would be much cheaper. Therefore, why would I want to buy something that will be old in a few months. I am probably not alone in this.

So what do people like me do to finally make up our minds and decide whether or not to buy. My answer is to specifically define what I am going to use that certain product for. This includes my current needs and potentially what I will need in the future. Also, how soon do I need to obtain this product. By answering these two questions I can pretty much make up my mind to whether buy the product now or wait a little and then buy its better version in the future.

No comments: