Sunday, November 18, 2007

11th entry

Piracy is a big problem. However, the solution to it may never come. The programmers that create programs to combat this issue are extremely smart. But, the hackers that try to crack their systems are equally as smart. Law enforcement on this issue is also tough as so many people do it and corruption can't be avoided.

Here in the Philippines, as it was said in class, there is such a place where pirated goods are sold and this certain place is located right beside a police station. How can this happen?

I would like to share that the sale of pirated material is still on going in North America. When I was in Canada locals there told me a certain mall where pirated movies and cds are being sold. This shocked me at first as I thought local authorities would arrest these vendors right away. Apparently those vendors have been there for a while. This just led me to further think that piracy may be here to stay.

No comments: